The Tales of a Charming Truck-Napper

This is where I'm posting outtakes, different POV's, outfits, ect. from my story, Tales of a Charming Truck-Napper

Sunday, March 28, 2010

JPOV of Chapter#11

DISCLAIMER: The plot belongs to me but all things Twilight belong to the lovely Stephenie Meyer


This is something I wrote for those who recommended my story to others. They have all read it and now I'm posting it here too. I hope you like it


_________________________________________________________________



I loved my Alice. I loved her more than words could ever explain. But she was talking about the wedding again. Again. It's not that I don't want to discuss the wedding. I just didn't want to discuss the specific shade of the ribbon that would be wrapped around her bouquet for an entire afternoon...


I sighed.


"I'm going to call my cousin." I said, stretching. He'd been gone all morning- said he needed to get some errands done. In reality he was leaving me alone with all the wedding madness. What errands did he have? He was on vacation. "He's probably losing his mind without work."


Alice pouted.


"But we were talking about the wedding."


I leaned down and kissed the top of her head.


"I know, darlin'." I said, letting the accent that she loved so much come out a little thicker. "But I trust your judgment 110%. You have such an eye for these things."


She knew what I was doing. Of course she did- she was Alice. But she let me butter her up all the same. I let me lips linger on her black spiky hair.


"I feel kind of guilty about neglecting my cousin." I continued. And I really would but he wasn't too upset. It gave him more time to fawn over our little Bella in peace. "It's the first time he's visited Forks you know."


She sighed.


"Fine." She allowed. "Go play with the boys. I'll call Rose and have her help me pick it out. Then we'll go over it when you get home."


I nodded readily.


"Thank you, darlin'." I drawled, turning her around and kissing her soft lips. "I love you."


I used to have balls. It seems my soon to be little wifey had taken them when I was sleeping or something. It really should bother me more than it does.


"I love you too." She breathed, griping my shoulders and then pushing me playfully away.


"Mention Bella when you talk to him, would you?" She asked, already distracted again with wedding details.


I froze, my phone half out of my pocket.


"Why would I do that?" I asked.


She shrugged.


"Alice."


She refused to meet me eyes. Oh no. I knew that look. She was planning something.


"Didn't we agree not to push them?" I demanded.


She shot me a look.


"I'm not pushing." She insisted.


I raised one eyebrow, staring down my lovely fiance- who just so happened to be shooting me daggers. She was so beautiful when she was angry.


"So why am I mentioning Bella?" I asked again.


"I'm not pushing." She repeated firmly. "I'm aiding them. I'm helping them to the conclusion they will eventually reach by themselves anyway."


I scoffed. Aiding them? Isn't that punishable by law? Aiding and abetting.


"If they're going to be together anyway why are we interfering?"


"Helping." She corrected me. "Because they're moving too dang slow! Bella is being so stubborn."


"Bella is always stubborn, my dear." I chuckled.


She cracked a smile, rolling her eyes and turning back to her wedding portfolio.


"I'll see if it comes up." I met her half way.


She sighed.


"Fine." She relented. "But you need to make sure they end up together." She added stubbornly.



Bella wasn't the only guilty one.


I smirked.


"How am I supposed to do that?"


She huffed, shooting me a look over her shoulder- a short black lock of hair falling onto her forehead.


"He's your cousin."


I shook my head. Since when does Edward listen to anyone? Once he's made a decision he's going to stick with it no matter what you say. Me being family wasn't going to change that.


"I don't think the problem lays with Edward." I reminded her. Edward was enamored with Bella. That was obvious. Although stealing Bella's truck probably wasn't the right way to start off a stable relationship.


"But I will try." I promised, brushing the lock of hair off of her forehead and kissing the pale stretch of soft skin.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Hey, Jasper."


I frowned, looking at my phone. I knew that voice. He was extremely proud of himself. Was running errands that fulfilling?


"Hey, man." I greeted, watching Alice through the window from where I sat on the back porch.

She was talking to herself, no doubt under her breath as she always did when she was in full out planning mood. I chuckled as I watched her beautiful lithe frame dance around our living room as she pinned designs here and waltzed over to her portfolio to rethink something for the thousandth time. Bella was going to kill her if she changed her mind on something she had already filled away under resolved.


Speaking of Bella... I really needed to think of a way to bring her up. Although I don't know what I was going to say. 'Hey, cuz. You know how you're drooling over Bella every second of every day but she pretends not to like you? Well could you try harder? It'd really make Alice happy.'


"I think I talked to you more when you lived states away." I said. "And thanks for running out this morning when Alice pulled out the wedding planning book, Eddie." I added, knowing how much he hated the childhood nickname.


He chuckled.


"Just a second, Jasper." He said, easily avoiding my accusation. "Bella's waving her hands around like she's trying to land a Boeing 447."


I frowned.


Bella? He was with Bella? I thought he was running errands. Is that where he had disappeared to yesterday too?


That was... odd.


"Bella?" I asked. "Why are you with Bella?"


He didn't reply to me although I could hear his muffled voice addressing someone else, presumably Bella.


"Are you two plotting evil again?" I accused. "Because I really don't think the world can take any more of your prank partnership."


He still ignored me. There wasn't any more muffled talking either. Had he hung up on me? I actually looked at the screen for a second before pulling it back to my ear. What was going on with those two?


"Jasper, Bella wants to talk to you." He said finally.


This was not good.


"Does she look mad?" I checked. I had already tested my luck with Alice today. If Bella was mad too they would gang up on me later and I'd have to sleep with one eye open, something I had actually mastered in our college years. The girls would stay in to drink, not trusting some frat boy not to take advantage if they went out.(I'd love to have seen them try. I was a sucker with the girls. I'll admit it. But I have no problem kicking some guy's ass for them.) But after they were done with the drinking they would get bored and Alice and Rosalie had a key to mine and Emmett's dorm. A drunk Alice, Bella, and Rosalie was something to be feared by people everywhere.


"I think I'm in trouble."


I snickered. My big cousin was sounding almost scared right now. I guess it runs in the family.



My father is one of the most steal nerved people I knew but he couldn't say no to my mother if she really wanted something. Our women were definitely the only acceptable weakness among the men of the Cullen family.


Before I could say anything else to my poor cousin Bella's voice wafted over the phone lines.


"He's stalking me."


I laughed. She was getting defensive before I'd even said anything? Interesting.


"And that makes you the innocent, victim-like, stalkee does it?" I asked, amused. Bella as a victim? It just made me laugh harder. We all knew she could take care of herself.


"Undoubtedly." She agreed.


She must have heard something in my laughter that told her I didn't believe a thing her lying mouth was saying because she sighed.


"Don't tell Alice." She pleaded.


I continued to laugh. She sounded so desperate. At least I wasn't the only one that feared an angry Alice.


"Why would I keep something from my Alice?" I asked. We didn't have secrets. She knew that.


"Because she'd torture me until the day I die?" She supplied.


I nodded. It was true. I wouldn't say she 'tortured' per se but she definitely would take this information and run with it. Especially since she was already trying to 'help them along.' If she knew they were together now and probably last night too(I was not thinking about it. Not thinking about it...) she would stop planning our wedding and start with theirs.


"Because I'd owe for life?" She tried again.


I smirked.


"Hmm." I pretended to think. "That's a very tempting offer."


I was thinking the next time Alice wanted to go on a day trip to Seattle to shop Bella could stop pretending to be sick so I didn't get drug along. That would be nice. She always chooses super bowl weekend for some reason. She says the stores are less crowded. I am not missing the next game. I'm not.


"But then again," I came to my senses. "Alice has the power to make my life hell too, Bells. And if she finds out I kept something from her..."


I shuddered.


"She won't find out?"


I don't know why she even tried.


"Bella." I admonished. "Alice knows everything."


Bella finally caved and laughed lightly before sighing.


"Can you help me out here at all?" She was begging again. She must be really desperate for Alice not to find out. Bella doesn't beg. Something about her self respect boy-cotting her? Who knew with Bella really?


"After all," she added. "I am the one who pointed you out to Alice that first day on the football field."


I rolled my eyes. Alice loved to tell this story, especially in front of groups of people we hadn't known for long.


"You were laughing at me because I fell." I reminded her dryly. It was the first day of try outs okay? I was nervous and the field was muddy because it had rained that morning. But the story will follow me to my grave because Alice calls it the first moment she knew we were supposed to be together. Luckily she had the decency to look past my failing on the field to my perfect rear. And thankfully the coach could see past my fall to my perfect spiral throw.


"Please."


With the begging again? I was starting to think she was hiding something big. What were they doing?


"This is between you and my cousin." I said. I don't want to know. "I won't say anything unless she asks."


Bella squealed into the phone. This was going to come back to haunt me. I just knew it.


"Awe, Jasper." She gushed. "Thank-"


"Don't get too excited." I interrupted her. She was making it seem like I was doing some big favor for her. Nope, I didn't know anything so I had nothing to tell. It was as simple as that. Although if Alice asked me...


"I love you but if she asks I will sing like a canary."


She snickered.


"That's just fine, canary." She allowed. "But no offering her any theories."


I would not be theorizing. Nope. My cousin and the girl I saw as my sister was not something I wanted to think about.


"And you don't offer up any details." I added a condition. Then I smirked. Then again what good is a sister if you couldn't mess with her every once in a while? "If you end up preggo with any freaky haired babies I have two words for you-"


"Shut up!" She hissed.


I laughed. She was mortified. Maybe I could have some fun with this after all. If I was going to be 'helping' I might as well use my friends for my amusement- watch them squirm in awkwardness. I never claimed to be a good human being.


"The stork." I finished, feeling pretty smug. It was no easy task to make Bella uncomfortable and I could just envision her blush from here.


"I've got to go." She said smoothly. It didn't work. I could sense the embarrassment in her voice.

"Edward is looking really impatient. I don't mean to make you uncomfortable but your call kind of interrupted something I'd really like to finish."

And then the line went dead.

Nightmares!
_______________________________________________________________

No comments: